Natural Carbonation in a Corney keg

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

Swoosh
Homebrewer

Natural Carbonation in a Corney keg

#1 Post by Swoosh » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:05 pm

I am trying kegging for the first time. I recently moved the beer from the secondary into the corney keg but I was wondering if I ever needed to release the pressure? I think I have heard some of you say that you age your beer in your keg's but I couldn't remember anyone stating if there was any maintenance involved. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on a good holiday beer?

thanks,
andrew c.

Bill
Brewmaster

Re: Natural Carbonation in a Corney keg

#2 Post by Bill » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:38 pm

Swoosh wrote:I am trying kegging for the first time. I recently moved the beer from the secondary into the corney keg but I was wondering if I ever needed to release the pressure? I think I have heard some of you say that you age your beer in your keg's but I couldn't remember anyone stating if there was any maintenance involved. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on a good holiday beer?

thanks,
andrew c.
Hey Andrew, no, you will never need to release the pressure. You will want to keep a positive pressure in the keg so it will seal shut and keep all the nasties out the fruits of your labor.

Sorry, but I don't have any good holiday beer suggestions, you'll have to wait for someone else to pipe in on that.
Thanks!

--Bill

all your mash are belong to us